GLB Medispa have been voted one of the best facials in Auckland by Top Reviews
What Is A Facial and why are they benefits:
Though it's possible to achieve healthy skin at home, many people turn to skincare professionals when they need some extra help.
A basic facial is a skin treatment that cleanses pores, exfoliates away dead skin cells, and treats common skin concerns with a custom mask. This multi-step process is meant to rejuvenate and nourish the face and neck, making skin appear healthier and younger.
It is also a popular spa treatment to pamper and relax, right up there with a massage.
What Happens During A Facial?
Each facial begins with a consultation that helps our therapists determine the right products for your skin type and concerns. Once that's been determined, the relaxing part begins! Most basic facials include some version of the following five steps:
1. Cleanse - Our beauty therapist will start by massage a cleanser into the face, neck, and décolletage to remove any traces of makeup and dirt. Using warm water paired with a facial sponge, cloth, or cotton pad, we remove the cleanser, dry faces, and evaluate skin. This step helps us determine what type of custom mask we will apply later.
2. Exfoliation - Depending on your skin type. We may buff away dead skin cells with an exfoliating cream or scrub and/or open up pores with steam or use a skin scrubber sonar.
3. Extractions - This process is done to clear individual pores that have become clogged with excess oil or dead skin cells, which can form blackheads and acne.
4. Massage - A facial typically also includes a massage of the face—and often the upper body, too—that may be used to improve lymphatic drainage.
5. Masks and more - Our therapist then applies a custom mask, perhaps a clay-based one to treat oiliness or a hydrating one to combat dryness. The facial concludes with a serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen if it's daytime.
How Long Does a Facial Take - Most basic facials are between 45 to 60 minutes.
What Are The Benefits Of A Facial?
Basic facials deeply cleanse skin and may help fight certain skin problems, such as mild acne or dryness. The treatments leave faces glowing and are typically very relaxing, as they include a massage component.
Is There A Facial That Can Help Wrinkles?
Basic facials may temporarily improve skin, but they can't treat severe skin issues, including wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and anything more than very mild acne. Those skin concerns typically require more intensive solutions, such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion's, or collagen-inducing laser treatments.
We do offer advanced Facials which include a form of micro rolling and needling and also a Trinity Gold facial which combines the more advanced Med tech machines and facial combination.
It is beneficial to have facials in-between your more advanced treatments. This gives you the best of both worlds.