Updated: Oct 28, 2022
Interested in getting Xeomin®)for the first time? Here’s a few things to know before stepping into our Medispa.
1. Tox injections are for the most part not too painful. The injections take about 3-5 minutes once we get started and are tolerated very well. There is typically no downtime or pain associated. Every now and then, you can get a bruise that often dissipates within a few days.
2. In today’s world of instant gratification and everything at our fingertips, who wouldn’t want instant results?! Unfortunately, though, this is an instance where you're just going to have to wait anywhere from 7-10 days to see results.
3. Exercise and increased blood flow can make you more likely to swell and bruise after treatment- increasing the length of time it takes for these side-effects to subside. Best to hit the gym beforehand and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
4. Passionate injectors and practices dedicated to delivering the best results invest thousands of dollars into training and advanced education. Add in the costs of the neurotoxin, needles, gloves, overhead etc and it certainly adds up. If it sounds like too good of a deal, it just might be! You want to make the best decision when investing in yourself ❤️ and deciding solely on pricing can lead to more headaches and cost to fix in the long run.
5. Well, don't we wish our Tox lasted forever? Unfortunately, it doesn't. Eventually, the action of the neurotoxin will wear off and the nerves will again be able to send those signals to the muscles to start working and contracting. In general, tox lasts 3-4 months. Everyone has a unique experience and results may vary.
There are two indisputable truths about injectable neurotoxins:
First, it’s clinically proven that looking your best boosts confidence and self-esteem. The old saying “when you look good, you feel good,” boasts some legitimate merit. Not to be confused with unhealthy self-obsession, looking vital and youthful adds a spring to our step and can enhance satisfaction in both our professional and personal lives.
Second, consumers largely associate neurotoxins with the brand name Botox. Manufactured by Allergen, Botox is the Kleenex, Google, Scotch Tape, Jacuzzi, and Q-Tip of aesthetic injections. However, Botox is one of four FDA-approved brands on the market, one of which, Xeomin, is what we are here to discuss and how you can try it with GLB Medispa.
Like all neurotoxins, Xeomin is an injectable solution that temporarily blocks nerve receptors to the muscles. The effect lasts three to four months, at which time, additional injections to the desired area are necessary to keep the wrinkles from reforming. These areas are typically glabellar lines between the brows, forehead, and crow’s feet. These treatments have been widely popular for a couple of decades now with proven results that have been refined over time. People love it because it works. It’s also quick and mostly painless.
If all neurotoxins are equal, then what makes Xeomin so special? Well, the efficacy is clinically equivalent, but the properties of Xeomin are unique. The difference is XTRACT Technology™, a state-of-the-art manufacturing process that removes the unnecessary proteins and leaving just the active therapeutic components. And because purity is very popular these days. Though the proteins themselves are not harmful and immunity is rare, a very small number of patients can build up neutralizing antibodies against botulinum toxin and the ancillary proteins. This may cause the patient to require a higher dose. Xeomin may be less immunogenic than the other botulinum toxins.
The efficacy and safety of all four FDA-approved neurotoxins are identical, the added (or extracted) purity of Xeomin is appealing to many consumers. “The biggest benefit of Xeomin is that its purification manufacturing process removes unnecessary proteins.
“I admit I wasn’t a fan of anti-wrinkle injections for frown lines. Then I found one that’s different." -Gwyneth Paltrow
Xeomin®is an FDA-approved treatment used to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults. Ask your doctor to tell you all about Xeomin. The effects of Xeomin may spread hours to weeks after injection causing serious symptoms. Alert your doctor right away as difficulty swallowing, speaking, breathing, eye problems or muscle weakness can be a sign of a life-threatening condition. Side effects may include allergic reactions or injection-site pain, eyelid drooping, and swelling.
Xeomin is available by prescription only.